3.07.2011

Homemade Oreos

This is such an exciting morning as I switch up my routine and rather than blogging from my bedroom, I am writing this post from my favorite breakfast spot with a piping hot cup of hazelnut coffee. Speaking of great things, there is the most adorable elderly couple sitting right in front of me and I can't help but marvel at the love they still obviously have for each other. The wife just went and got coffee for her husband, what a sweetie! 

This weekend I was lucky enough to be able to get in a kitchen and whip up one of my favorite recipes with my best friends. Some of you might have seen the picture I uploaded to twitter and hopefully I got your taste buds ready for this recipe for homemade Oreos!

I first saw this recipe on my favorite blog, Cupcakes and Cashmere and couldn't wait to try it. I must admit, that any chance I get to make cookies I always want to make these. Not only are they easy, but so delicious and you control the size, so I always make mine huge because who doesn't want an oversized Oreo?


Pictures via Cupcakes and Cashmere
Try out this recipe and I promise you will not be disappointed and I bet you already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. Like the classic Oreos, this homemade version is delectable dipped in milk, and even better dunked in coffee the next morning. 

Here are my cookies!

Until next time.
Three cups of coffee down...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio