9.07.2011

Black Bean and Feta Tacos

Another recipe? I know, it seems that this has turned into a food blog, but I have been doing a lot of cooking recently and have to share some of the wonderfully delicious recipes I have been discovering. 

This recipe for black bean and feta tacos caught my eye immediately as most everything with feta cheese has recently. I can't get enough!

This tacos were so easy and pretty cheap seeing as that all I needed was a can of beans, a couple of tortillas, and a bag of coleslaw.
For the black beans:
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced (I do more because I just love onions)
2 garlic clives, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

For the cabbage slaw:
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsn. lime juice
2 cups coleslaw mix
2 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tbsn. mayonnaise (optional)
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

For the tacos
2 tbsn. olive oil
6 corn or flour tortillas (I used corn but I wish I would have done flour)
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Louisiana hot sauce, for serving (this is NOT optional)

1. In a medium pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.

 2. Add the black beans, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Use a fork to slightly mash the beans and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.

3. To make the cabbage slaw, mix 2 tsp. of olive oil and lime juice in a medium bowl. Add the coleslaw, green onions, cilantro and toss to coat. If desired, you can also add the mayonnaise for a creamier slaw. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

4. Heat 1 tsp. of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add three tortillas in a single layer. 


5. Once golden brown, flip, then spoon 1/4 of the bean mixture onto each tortilla and cook for 1 minute or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining tsp. of oil and tortillas. Fill the tacos with feta and slaw. Serve with hot sauce, lime wedges and sour cream.

Until next time.
Recipe Week




No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio