11.02.2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte in my Kitchen

Almost everything is better homemade. Nothing beats the taste of a chocolate chip cookie warm out of the oven that you spent precious minutes watching form in the oven. No restaurant can make eggs better than me and that is a fact (but maybe that is just because I am so picky and I don't like any eggs that I don't personally make.) I can now say that I might make better lattes than Starbucks as well, which will not stop me from happily handing over $3.65 to my barista five times a week for my grande extra-hot nonfat latte, because I am saving the homemade one for special occasions, and days that I am not in a rush...which would be never.


Tuesday morning I did find myself with extra time to sit down and catch up on blogs and Pinterest when I remembered that I had pinned the recipe for these lattes awhile back but had been waiting for the perfect day. Well a perfect day to me sounds like having class at the art museum and getting home with enough time to sit and look at blogs on my computer screen rather than on my phone screen while speed walking to class. Homemade pumpkin spice lattes it is!

Ingredients
1/8 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup STRONG coffee (see how I capitalized strong, that means it's important!)


Over medium heat, warm the pumpkin and spices for a few minutes.


Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Be careful to continue whisking so that the milk doesn't burn on the bottom.


Fill a mug almost half way and top off with your STRONG coffee. Stir together and enjoy!


Until next time.
Perfectly pumpkin.





1 comment:

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio