1.11.2012

Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies

Blogging from my new desk! I feel so much like Carrie Bradshaw I can't even stand it. Now all I need is a ballerina skirt, some Manolo Blahniks on my feet, and the west village out my window. 

Something Carrie and I do not have in common is my love for cooking. While she stored her sweaters in the oven, I would much rather use mine to create sinful smells and treats. In a vow to cut back on sweets after the holiday season I hadn't baked in a very long time and I recently decided (on a very dull Tuesday) that I had been out of the kitchen too long. 
I am always looking for new and improved chocolate chip cookie recipes, especially when I am at my parents' house because know full well that they will all be eaten (and not just by me). I tried out a new recipe that had a much larger ratio of brown sugar to regular sugar and I was happy with the results. The dough was fluffy and light and the cookies had an addictive crispy crunch (and it wasn't just the pecans I added to the recipe.)


I halved the recipe below and it still made 30 cookies!

Ingredients
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
9 1/2 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, cut into chunks using a serrated knife
Sea salt
Pecans, crushed

1. Using an electric mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes (DO it!). Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Continue mixing while adding the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined, ensuring not to over mix. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chunks and pecans.
3. Using a small ice cream scoop, place the cookies one inch apart on a baking sheet. Gently press down the dough balls with the palm of your hand and sprinkle each scoop with a bit of sea salt. Bake at 360 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to bake an additional two minutes on the baking sheet. Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.


Until next time.
You read that right, bake at 360 degrees.

Just in case you missed the link to my source--Let's Live La Vida




No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio