7.18.2012

Oatmeal Cookies (With Chocolate Chips)

After a crazy, hectic five days last week I found myself at home on a Friday night with no plans and no energy to make any. After cooking a delicious dinner for one and catching up on my episodes of Sex and the City (Season 4) I realized that nothing could make the night more perfect unless I got in my kitchen and baked something up. 
The problem then returned to me not having much energy so I knew I would need a recipe that only included ingredients I already had in the pantry. With that being said the Raspberry Magic Bars and Cherry and Whiskey Upside Down Cake that I found on Pinterest were going to have to wait until another lucky Friday night. 

Instead I found a recipe that I will keep forever and modify with whatever I have in the house; the perfect Oatmeal Cookie.
(Makes 21 cookies, which is half of the original recipe)

This recipe makes the best oatmeal cookies and you can add in whatever other treats you want to, to really send this cookie over the edge. 


After incorporating all of the required ingredients, I modified the recipe and added in 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, 1/4 cup coconut, and 1/8 cup sliced almonds.


I think this cookies are so good because they are so soft, which is why you must be careful not to over cook them!


Oatmeal cookies are an acceptable breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio