10.26.2012

Caramel Spice Cookies

Because I hadn't blogged a recipe in a while, I forced myself to make something tonight that would be blog-worthy. Well out of the four things I made tonight, only this cookie recipe will make the cut, but that is alright with me because it was fantastic and perfect for fall.

Ingredients
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon bourbon 
1/ 2 cup mascarpone 
2 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices (or nutmeg)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag Hershey's caramel-filled Kisses


1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add the egg, vanilla, and bourbon, mixing well.
3. Add the mascarpone.
(This is when I started smelling the wonderful scent coming from my mixing bowl)
4. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
5. Add to the wet mix until combined.
6. Refrigerate the dough in plastic wrap for at least 30 minutes.
7. Bake at 325 for 10-11 minutes.
8. Unwrap the kisses and place on the center of the cookie (pushing down lightly).
9. Cook for 1 more minute.
10. Let cool.
These can be a little messy with all the ooey-gooey caramel, but absolutely delicious.
There might have been a Melted-Caramel-Kiss fight going on in my kitchen between me and my tasting audience. This is not required in this recipe, but highly recommended.

Dough not recommended for anyone under the age of 21. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio