6.14.2011

Apple Crisp

Recipe time again!
It used to be that when I wanted to do a recipe post I would have to strategically plan out when I was going to go home and use my parents kitchen. Now the new recipes and cooking happens at the most random times, usually when my roommates yell "What's for dessert!!!"
One roomie wanted cheesecake and the other wanted apple crisp, and I will always choose apple crisp over most other desserts. So away we went to Taste Spotting to search for something delicious to whip up.

Ingredients
8-10 medium apples (I used Granny Smith)
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of oats
1 stick (½ cup) of butter, softened

Directions

Peel, core, and slice the apples. Spread apple slices across the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Stir together flour, brown sugar, and oats in a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter, fork, or your hands, cut the softened butter into the mixture until well combined. Sprinkle evenly over apples.

Bake at 375°F for 30-45 minutes (I did mine for about 35), until apples are tender and topping is browned. For best results, serve warm, topped with cinnamon ice cream. This recipe is also very easy to cut in half if you don't want to make the whole recipe, just use about 5 apples instead!

I feel like these pictures don't do this treat justice, but it was wonderful. Trust me, when have I led you astray when it comes to delicious desserts?

Until next time.
Summer sweets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio