8.18.2011

Greek Nachos

I know that today is Thursday which would mean that todays post should be "Things I Love", but due to the fact that this week has been a mess is terms of my blogging I figured it wouldn't matter what I blogged about today...

New favorite recipe.
I know that I have been sharing so many recipes lately but cooking has become one of my favorite things and I have been finding the best recipes lately, like these Greek Nachos.

I found a picture of these nachos on my other new favorite thing, Pinterest, but it didn't really include a recipe so I am proud to say that I made this dinner through a lot of guessing and taste testing.


Start by cutting up half a tomato, half a cucumber, and some onion (I probably do more onion than most would enjoy but it's my favorite and I don't even mind crying as I cut it up)


For the "cheese" sauce, combine about 1/2 cup greek yogurt, a handful of feta cheese, and lemon juice. Test your mixture and add more of any ingredient until it reaches your desired liking.


Cook the beef with onions and cummin until browned.


As you start cooking your meat you are going to make your pita chips (I guess you could just buy them but this time I chose to make my own). Slice two or three pita bread pieces like a pizza, forming v-shaped chips. Set oven to 350 degrees and place your sliced chips on a cookie sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until crisp.


After the chips and meat are cooked put together the nachos, layering the chips, meat, cheese sauce and top with tomato, cucumber, fresh mint, more feta cheese if you would like and maybe even some black olives. 


Mmmmm dinner.

Until next time.
It's all greek to me.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio