8.29.2011

Party Picks

This weekend we celebrated a birthday for a sweet friend and of course the party revolved mostly around food and friends. We were all asked to bring some sort of finger food before going out for chocolate fondue which left us all feeling 14 lbs. heavier. Absolutely worth it.
I hadn't thought much about what I was going to bring to the soirée until two friends made comments like "oh I cannot wait to see what you are going to bring". Talk about pressure. I hope they weren't expecting creme brulee because I made kabobs.
Picture and recipe via. The Hungry Housewife

But let me tell you, they were delicious, as are most foods that are served on sticks. 
This recipe combined so many of my favorite foods like tortellini, olives, and salami.

You can modify the recipe to your liking but all it takes is a few ingredients and skewers. 

Necessary Objects
Three-Cheese tortellini-- Cook according to package instructions and then place in a large ziplock bag and cover with balsamic-vinaigrette salad dressing and let marinate in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
Large black olives
Green olives
Cherry tomatoes 
Mozzarella cheese
Pepperonis 
Salami 

After all of your ingredients are ready, simply slide onto skewers (I cut mine in half like the Hungry Housewife recommended) and enjoy with friends!

Until next time.
Corn dogs. Popsicles. Caramel Apples. Just to name a few. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio