1.24.2012

Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad

I hated chicken salad for most of my life. I detested the look of it and the sandwiches filled with mayonnaise coated chicken salad made me want to gag. Let me rephrase, I still hate chicken salad when I think of it like that.
It wasn't until I tried my mom's chicken salad with a delicious, light dressing that I started giving this lunch staple a chance. 

This isn't my mom's recipe, but it is my first attempt at making chicken salad and I love this recipe. I made a big batch and have been eating it for lunch and even with crackers for an afternoon snack. I love incorporating greek yogurt into recipes and that is what appealed to me about this particular recipe, but the mixture of cranberries, apples, and pecans didn't hurt. This original recipe from Plum Pie called for a little bit of mayo, but guess what, I left it all out!

Find the recipe here

Lunch munch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio