5.03.2012

Oreo Truffle Cupcake

Cupcake #2.


When I stumbled across the recipe for a cupcake with an Oreo ball inside, I knew that I had found a winner. Something about finding a little treat when you bite into a cupcake makes it that much more fun.
People seemed to agree and these cupcakes were flying off the plates at the event. Luckily I had saved one for myself at home and got to enjoy this treat after a long day of baking.


Start by making Oreo balls by mixing a package of Oreos and cream cheese. Put the Oreos in a food processor and mix until no big pieces remain. In a bowl add the block of cream cheese (slightly softened) and mix with your hands-- you just can't use a spoon because that's not fun at all. Roll your dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet to cool in the refrigerator.


Let me get one thing straight, I do not condone cheating and hardly ever use packaged mixes for cupcakes. But this recipe called for a boxed-cake mix and who am I to stray from a recipe?


Another picture of what baking really looks like.
It's one of those activities that is more fun if there is a little mess and you can't walk without stepping in cookies and cream frosting.


These cupcakes were so easy to make, especially with the cake mix. 
This is definitely a recipe that I will be keeping filed away for later use.
Let me warn you again to always keep an extra tucked away for yourself, because they will be gone before you can say Oreo Truffle Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Milk's favorite cookie inside my favorite treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio