5.02.2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

I know that many of you were expecting a very special guest blogger yesterday, but unfortunately something terrible happened and I am now in a fight with Blogger. It apparently thinks its okay to just delete a post after someone spends a lot of time writing it...

Regardless of our relationship status, I have decided to go on with my post for the day. My guest blogger was supposed to introduce cupcake week (and her post did a wonderful job of doing just that) but the job has now been put on to me.

Together, my sister and I completed our second marathon baking day and whipped up about eight dozen cupcakes in my miniature kitchen. Her recipes are to come, as well as another by me, but today I wanted to share the recipe for the delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes.


The recipe has been adapted for high-altitudes and I would never describe the great state of Oklahoma as a high-altitide, but just cook according to sea-level directions and these cupcakes turn out great!


Be sure to read the helpful tips that are listed at the end of the recipe! I didn't find them until I had already baked my cupcakes and then they were no good to me. I wish that I would have known before hand that I could have added a graham cracker crust at the bottom of the cupcake and that too many strawberries make the cupcakes a little soggy. Lessons learned!


It secretly annoys me that blog pictures are always perfect. 
This is a picture of the kitchen counter in the process of making these cupcakes. It is an absolute mess, my fingers were covered in butter, and that is the way that baking goes.

Here are some pictures from the event we were making these cupcakes for. There are plenty more to come, as well as three more cupcake recipes!

The adorable wreath made of cupcake liners!

Strawberries belong in cupcakes.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio