12.20.2012

Christmas Tunes





I do love Christmas music, but I am not one of those people that can listen to it all-year round. I believe that it has a perfect time and that is the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Growing up my family listened to the same Christmas CD's every year on our 6-disc CD changer. I can't wait to tell my grandchildren about how we used to listen to music on circular discs!

I loved these CD's because I knew the songs by heart and could predict which song was going to play next because we listened to them so often. I also loved these songs because they were classics. Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong, Burl Ives and Nat King Cole were some of my favorites by age 7 and they are still my favorite Christmas crooners. 
While I still love the classic Christmas music, I will admit that there are some modern songs that I enjoy too. It is vital that you have the perfect Christmas playlist for this time of the year or you will get stuck listening to the Chipmunks on the radio too many times. 

This is a condensed version of my favorite holiday hymns but my whole playlist is on Spotify!


Perfect playlist for a dinner party too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio