1.02.2013

Welcoming 2013

photo

It seems that every year I find myself saying "wow, I can't believe that another year has gone by", but every year it is so true. So much can happen in 365 days and I know that 2012 was no exception.
I graduated from college, had jobs that I learned so much from, made relationships with people that I love so dearly, celebrated two of my best friends getting engaged (2013 will bring their weddings!) and found out that I have no idea what I want to do with my future. 

Even though my future is a little lot unclear, it wouldn't be a new year if I didn't make some sort of plan for what I want to accomplish this year, so I wrote a list of my New Year's Resolutions. Some people hate these resolutions because they usually include dieting and visiting the gym more often, so I decided that this year I would only make resolutions that would bring joy and clarity to my life. Once I started my list I just kept thinking of more things that I wanted for 2013, so forgive me for it being so long.

*be smarter and more responsible with my money
*be more organized (first order of business: find my planner)
*be more punctual!
*take more pictures-- learn how to use my camera!
*check off all movies on Matchbook's 50 Classic films (make great movie snacks too!)
*shop smarter (more outfits and no impulse buys!)
*blog more : )
*learn more sign language
*wear more skirts
*buy more fresh flowers
*learn my favorite recipes by heart
*buy an investment piece
*go to europe
*learn to like eating fish
*become a Starbuck's gold member
*volunteer
*go on more walks
*send more snail mail
*find a job that brings me joy

Now that I have made this list, my first order of business is to type it up and frame it in my room so that I see it everyday. I want it to be a constant reminder of the things that I want for my life. If 2013 goes by as quickly as 2012 than I better get started on this list  tomorrow yesterday if I want to get it all done.


2 comments:

  1. i can help you with fish! try an Asian-inspired recipe on mahi or tilapia - less fish taste and it'll ease you into it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! Maybe we should both go back to Chicago, I've heard they have great fish and great people!

      Delete

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio