2.18.2013

"Etherally Smooth Hummus"

Homemade hummus has been on my list of recipes to master for months now. Because it is one of my favorite foods, I wanted to make it myself to taste the difference between homemade and store bought. I finally made it this weekend and couldn't be happier with the results. 
I used a recipe from Smitten Kitchen because I have had so much success with all of her recipes (except a blueberry cornmeal cake that I never shared because the result was so embarrassing). Her hummus recipe is known to be extremely smooth which comes from peeling the chickpeas before putting them in the food processor. It seems like a tedious task and my mom kept telling me that I was crazy for doing it but it was worth it. 
Hummus for breakfast. Lunch. And dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio