2.28.2013

Searching for the Creativity

I have felt so uninspired lately, hence the lack of blog posts. Everything I think about posting or writing about seems dull, unoriginal, and honestly, pointless. I feel that part of this comes from the time of the year- the newness of 2013 has worn off and I have fallen in to an awful slump. I have too much free time on my hands and can't seem to be productive or get my creative juices flowing. I don't have a lot of interest in being in the kitchen; spending time cooking with my camera in hand, food splattered every where and dishes piled up in the sink. Usually I get a thrill from this but it all seems too difficult right now. Even the thought of reading my daily list of blogs (up to 43 blogs) has become a task that I don't look forward to. 

I hate this feeling and I am ready to escape it. So today, rather than sinking in to my couch and trying to tap in to the place in my brain where creativity usually lives, I decided to get out of the house and find a new location, where there are new things to look at, new smells, sounds, and tastes. I also pulled up my favorite list of Ways to Stay Creative to help pull me out of this lame funk.

 Maybe this blog post will spark the creativity that I have been needing, but unless that happens over night there probably won't be a blog post until next week. Hopefully I can regroup over the weekend, get my groove back and knock your socks off with some blogposts next week. All suggestions would be appreciated too. Any recipes you have seen but are too afraid to try-let me do it for you!
I'll be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio