7.18.2013

Power Play

On Tuesday morning my alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. I hear it, thinking to myself that surely it can't be time to wake up and I can tell that it is raining outside so I should probably just stay in bed all day and skip work. I hit snooze, convinced that nine extra minutes of sleep will really cure me. Alarm goes off again, I hit snooze again, alarm goes off, snooze, alarm, snooze. Are you seeing a familiar pattern? By 6:15 I finally pull myself out of bed and now with no time to shower, reach straight for my dry shampoo (from my last Birchox) and force my limp hair in to a ponytail. I pull on my most comfortable skirt, top, and flats, and begin to throw makeup on before I have to run out the door. It is safe to say that I am in a grouchy mood. Seconds before I need to leave my roommate walks in to my room to say "good morning" and can easily detect my mood. She says "I have something that will make you feel better" and turns around and returns to my room with my favorite pink box! Nothing like Birchbox to turn my frown upside down and completely turn my morning around. Even though I should be walking out the door, I tear open the box in search of anything that can improve my appearance. I grab the tube of Benefit highlighter, swipe it across my face, give a quick smile to the mirror, and rush out the door. 
Birchbox does it again.


From left to right

{Benta Berry G-1 Moisturizing Cream}
So, I already knew I was getting this because Birchbox sent me an email earlier this week, apologizing for sending me a sample that I had already received. How do they keep track after all these boxes! I am not complaining, but Birchbox has so sweetly given me 100 Birchbox points ($10 credit!) towards anything I might want to buy!

{100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream}
I love this body cream because it almost smells like something I would have had when I only bought my body products at Bath & Body Works. It is super moisturizing though and my legs stayed smooth and soft all day long. 

{Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl}
This was my life-saver on Tuesday morning. It adds a subtle glow to your skin and can be worn alone or on top of makeup to bring out the shine in all of us. I was so excited to get this product because Benefit is so expensive and I love being able to try things before pulling the trigger on the full-size. 

{Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect}
I have to be honest and tell you that I haven't used leave in conditioner since I was a little girl. Birchbox has sent me three different kinds this year and I haven't used any yet. This particular one is supposed to safeguard your color and protect against UV rays, so maybe I will have to give it a try before going out in the sun.

{Birchbox Bobby Pins}
The cutest part of my Birchbox this month, which I desperately tried to shove in my hair on my tragic Tuesday. Not sure how they would go over in my very corporate work environment but maybe on a better hair day I will be able to make them work!

Another special this month is this Tibi makeup pouch! Swooning over the print!
Birchbox saves mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio