9.09.2013

Mediterranean Pizza

Mediterranean food has become a new obsession of mine. I think it all stemmed from this post which inspired me to make my own pita bread, baba ganoush, and tzatiki dip. Since then I have been eating falafels, kalamata olives, and dolmas every chance I get. 

Saturday night I had plans of watching the OU football game, on my couch, with my roommate, and rather than indulge in your typical game-watching food I continued with my mediterranean theme and made these pizzas instead.  


I had pinned the original  recipe months ago (when I still had time to get on Pinterest) and tweaked it just slightly. The recipe actually calls for a easy, delicious, herb-infused, homemade crust, but since I had pre-made crusts on hand I skipped that step and focused solely on the toppings.


Eggplant, tomatoes, onions, and olives are all you need to make this colorful pizza. I threw in some herbs to add to the flavor and of course topped it all with feta cheese. 

 This meal could not have been easier or tastier. It received rave reviews from my roommate, but so far she has loved everything I have made her, so maybe she is just being nice. 

The Mediterranean theme continues. 

1 comment:

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio