9.10.2013

Dark Chocolate Bark


I knew that last week was going to be crazy. As much as I love a good holiday weekend, I came back knowing that I had tons to do and little hours to do it. By Wednesday I was feeling entirely overwhelmed and my to-do list was running off the page. I hit my breaking point (imagine me at my desk at work, shoving Hershey Kisses in my mouth, crying) Wednesday afternoon and finally had to accept that I wasn't going to be able to do everything I had on my plate for that day. I had to call in reinforcements and have a good friend and mentor cover for me at my other job. She absolutely saved the day and to repay her I couldn't think of anything better than some Gwyneth Paltrow Dark Chocolate Crack... I mean bark. 

Dark Chocolate Bark with Coconut, Almonds + Sea Salt 
7 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon sea salt

Line a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper and set it aside. 

Bring a small pot of water to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Put the chocolate in a glass or stainless steel bowl and set it over the pot of water. Stir the chocolate until it's completely melted and immediately pour it onto the prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle the almonds, coconut, and salt over the chocolate. Put the pan in the freezer until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes. Break the chocolate in to pieces and eat immediately, or store at room temperature in an airtight container if your house is cool, or in the refrigerator if it's summer! 

**Gwyneth (and I) suggest mixing up the toppings each time you make this, because once will never be enough. Try adding different nuts, dried fruit, or spices to create a different taste each time!**

True friends always come to your rescue in times of need.
I always come right back with chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio