1.23.2011

The Way We Were


Today I will be Carrie Bradshaw and blog a little about love. Not that I am an expert, but who is? After taking a cue from my favorite girls, the before mentioned Carrie and Lorelei Gilmore, I watched the ultimate chick-flick, The Way We Were. It goes without saying that I loved the movie and wiped away tears when no one was watching. Who doesn't love some Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford (swoon)
K-k-katie, the ultimate complicated girl and Hubble, the perfect boy. The soul mates who can't make it work.

The movie follows the years of love and passion between Katie and Hubble. Although these two opposites love each other so much they don't they end up together (oops sorry I just ruined the ending) The whole movie you are led to believe that despite all their differences and issues, love will conquer all. And yet, it doesn't, because mister perfect hair and beautiful face cannot handle how complicated Katie truly is. 

Katie: I don't have the right style for you do I?
Hubble: No you don't have the right style.
Katie: I'll change.
Hubble: No, don't change. You're your own girl, you have your own style.
Katie: But then I won't have you. Why can't I have you?

"You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much"

Katie is a lover. Katie is a complicated mess. An outspoken, curly haired mess who wears her heart on her sleeve. As girls we all have a little (or a lot) of Katie in us. So love. Embrace your curly hair and say what you want. Be complicated and don't ever change for anyone. Because we are fabulous. 

Above all else, be classy. At the end of the movie when Katie sees the love of her life with his new, simple girl, she leaves him with five words. 
"You're girl is lovely, Hubble"

Until next time.
Your K-k-katie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio