2.24.2011

Things I Love

I love catching up with old friends. Whether it be an almost hour-long phone conversation, lunch on a rainy day, or a simple hug as two friends run off to continue on with their busy lives. Friends are the best and today I am so thankful to have mine, new and old.

I love the spring weather that has been making appearances about 3 days a week. All I want to do is throw on sun dresses and flip flops once the thermometer reaches 70 degrees. 

But I also love that today it decided to rain because that makes the fact that I only have one class so lovely, because I can come home and spend the day in my dry room as I watch the rain hit my window. 

I love Thursdays because that means new clothes are hitting the floors (and website) for J. Crew. I love this particular Thursday because I am going to J. Crew for the first time since before Christmas and I can already feel my heart start to pitter patter inside my chest as I walk in and admire the new displays.


Heaven on Earth

Ooh la la lace. I cannot wait. 
Gimme gimme gimme. (Okay, sorry that was bratty Mom)

As I shop today I will try to keep this mentality...
If she can’t afford it, she won’t buy it. If it doesn’t fit (or make her feel good, or flaunt what she’s got), she won’t wear it. If she can’t find it, she won’t compromise. If she loves it, she won’t toss it. She reuses it, rethinks it, lets it age.

When a French girl shops, it isn’t a solitary act of buying something new. It’s part of a lifelong process of editing her environment, making small but meaningful additions to her home, her closet, her life.

When you shop like a French girl, you buy only one of anything – and make sure it’s the best quality you can afford.

via. A Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl (wit+design)

Today, I also love all of you. I have gotten so much encouragement this week about my blog and I cannot tell you how much that means to me. Your sweet comments keep me going on days when I feel like I want to quit. Oh, who am I kidding, I would continue on with this blog even if I knew the only person that read it was my parents (because my sweet father does read my blog about fashion and nonsense almost everyday. He did ask if I would throw in a post about OU Football soon. Who knows, he might get lucky.)

Until next time.
Let the rain fall down.
("and cover me, let it wash away my sanity..." because who doesn't love a little Hilary Duff on a Thursday morning)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio