4.26.2011

Cuppies

Remember a few weeks ago when I asked for suggestions on cupcake recipes?


Well after careful consideration I finally narrowed my choices down from 37 to 15, and then 15 down to 8, and then finally 8 down to 2... and the winners were...

Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
and 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!
The third cupcake was made by my sister, so I can't take any credit, but it was Cafe Mocha!


The cupcakes turned out delicious if I do say so myself and my mom loved that my little sis and I took over her kitchen for a sold seven hours to make 90 cupcakes. During this seven hours, my sister and I also discovered that we have a few similarities with the famed sisters, Sophie and Katherine, from DC Cupcakes, being that we are sisters, love baking cupcakes, and are quite annoying.

Just imagine us yelling at each in New England accents all night about the stresses involved in trying new recipes for the first time. 


Our cupcakes were also quite a success at the philanthropy event that we made these for. All of our cupcakes were gone by the end of the night and it didn't hurt that I was shamelessly promoting them to everyone that walked in the door.


These are without a doubt the best strawberry cupcakes I have ever eaten and I can confidently say that I have eaten a lot.
These are the best!


The name speaks for itself and when people found out there was cookie dough in the middle... well they were all gone.

Cafe Mocha Cupcakes

Unfortunately I don't have the recipe for these bad boys. My sister made these and the recipe has been stowed away in her TOP SECRET recipe file with her famous sugar cookies. Maybe one day she will trust me with her recipes.

Until next time.
Changing my major to cupcakes.







1 comment:

  1. Wow, your cupcakes look great! Especially the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes ;)

    cliff @ livelovepasta

    ReplyDelete

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio