2.03.2012

Caprese Sandwich

One of the most surprising parts about apparel market last weekend was the hospitality that all the vendors showed. Almost every time we walked into a showroom, we were offered drinks and snacks (peanut M&Ms and cookies) and some even had spreads with mexican food and sandwiches.
While viewing the Free People spring and summer collection I was offered a caprese sandwich that I quickly devoured. I have always loved the classic caprese salad that is so simple and yet delicious, and this sandwich proved to be the same. 

I recreated the sandwich I had tried in Dallas in my own kitchen and not only was it delicious but so easy to throw together.

Ingredients
1 ciabatta roll (they sell individually wrapped rolls in the bakery at Target)
1 tomato
Mozzarella 
Fresh basil
Balsamic Vinegar
Black Pepper

Cut your roll in half and coat both sides with balsamic vinegar. Cut a few slices of tomato and mozzarella and arrange with the basil on the roll. Pour a little more balsamic on the mozzarella slices to add more flavor and sprinkle with pepper. 

That is it! You have a delicious lunch or dinner in no time.

Salad turned sandwich. 

1 comment:

  1. I need delicious valentine's day treats/sweets...so naturally the first place I look is your blog. Can't wait to see the recipes you come up with.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio