3.05.2012

Multi Grain Pancakes

I think it should be a law that Sunday night means breakfast for dinner. I am such a lover of all breakfast foods and I think it is the perfect way to round off a great weekend.
If I would have been at home my family would have included eggs, toast, bacon, and pancakes but I decided to keep it simple for myself last night, especially since I was trying out a new pancake recipe. 
I usually stick to the standard Bisquick recipe when whipping up one of my breakfast specialities, but was tempted to try a recipe for a healthier version this time around. 


I can't say that I even know what is in bisquick but this recipe included some of my favorite things, like instant oats, brown sugar, and greek yogurt so I was excited to see how they would turn out. 
The overall taste was great, just like most pancakes, and had a hint of brown sugar taste to them. I added walnuts to mine and the oats added a thickness that kept me full all night after two pancakes (at only 82 calories per pancake! Not counting the syrup...)


Recipe from Cooking Light
(makes about 10 pancakes)

  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour 
  • 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats 
  • 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup 2% milk (I used 1%) 
  • 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
  • large egg 
Mix all ingredients together, mixing well. Batter will not appear fully mixed because of the oats, so just stir until all combined.

Pour 1/4 cups of batter on a hot skillet, use your flipping skills, and enjoy with fruit and syrup on a Sunday night after a very busy but very great weekend. 


That action shot of the syrup... skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio