6.14.2012

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

When I excitedly announced to my roommate that we were making homemade pizza and homemade ice cream sandwiches, she replied with a very sincere "you know you can just buy those". I know full well that it is usually cheaper, easier, and sometimes (just sometimes) better to buy something straight from the grocery store, but where is the fun (and mess) in that?

So Tuesday night we embarked on one of my messier cooking endeavors by attempting to make our own version of the favorite, classic ice cream sandwich.


I used a recipe that I found here and you should too because she has lots of helpful pictures. I have yet to figure out how other bloggers do this when their hands are covered in sprinkles and melting ice cream. 
Again we added sprinkles to support the Thunder but you could use any color depending on the occasion. I also split the dough in half and used classic vanilla ice cream for some and cookies and cream for the others, because when you are making them at home you have the liberty of doing it. 

The concept of these delicious treats still needs tweaking on my end but the taste did not fail me. The cookie isn't too sweet and balances the ice cream perfectly.

And now to end with a quote from my doubtful roommate...
"I can now say that those were the best ice cream sandwiches I have ever had".

Homemade rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio