6.11.2012

Thunder Up! Cookies

This week I wanted to celebrate my new kitchen as well as the Oklahoma City Thunder advancing to the NBA playoffs, so I found a cookie that did both of those things. I actually made them on Wednesday afternoon (before the game) so they worked as a good luck charm! And now that it is the week of the finals, I think this cookie recipe will come in handy for some of you as well!


I love the idea of using M&M's in cookies because it allows you to establish any theme you want, especially with all the colorful M&M's out there in the world. The other great addition to these cookies was crushed pretzels. I have recently been loving the mix of sweet and salty (I blame whoever introduced me to salted caramel) and adding some pretzels to this dough hit the spot. 


I wasn't expecting too much from these cookies, but they turned out to be WONDERFUL! This recipe will be sticking around for uses all throughout the year for different parties and holidays. Unfortunately the only NBA team they can represent are the Thunder, so no red and black M&M's allowed!


The original recipe comes from here, but I changed the ingredients a little to my preference. The baking instructions are the same though!

Thunder Up! Cookies- makes 3 dozen
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup pretzels, crushed
1 cup mini M&M's (You could use any size or flavor though)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Team is... sorting out an entire bag of M&M's for the sake of the Thunder.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio