1.21.2013

Best Year Ever

There is no post for the final night of Smitten with Friends and Food. 
I had planned on making pizza with homemade dough, but my dough didn't rise throughout the day so I had to move to Plan B, which was frozen flatbreads from Whole Foods. The margherita pizzas still turned out good with a simple tomato sauce, lots of mozzarella, and fresh basil, but in the rush of making them and the fact that I was exhausted on a Friday night there aren't any pictures. Sorry to disappoint! Just know that it was good food (yet another great recipe by the Smitten Kitchen) and wonderful company with some of my dearest friends.

The good news of the day is that during my Smitten Kitchen week I received my Birchbox and since I have had it for a week I have fully tested all most of the products and can give you great reviews on this months hottest beauty samples. 


 Overall, I wouldn't say that the box was a knockout, but there is always something that secures my love and devotion to Birchbox. This month that item came from one of my favorite brands that I have discovered from Birchbox, theBalm.  

(Clockwise from the top, left corner)
{1. Embryolisse 24-Hour Miracle Cream - "A favorite of models and makeup artists" that has been saving my winter-dry skin.

{2. Aerie Shimmer Fragrance - I was very excited about this when the description mentioned blend of peony and vanilla, but like most perfumes, it was too strong and went in to a drawer where are my other unwanted perfume samples live. 

{3. theBalm cosmetics Hot Mama Blush - This is my second product from theBalm and they are two of my all-time favorites. This blush is a great color with a little bit of highlighter to give light during these extra pale months. I love this brand!

{4. DDF Acne Control Treatment - Not to jinx it, but I don't have any breakouts right now so I will be saving this one for a later day!

{5. La Fresh Waterproof Makeup Remover - I also love this brand and I love having these little packets for times of need!

Tomorrow is a very special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio