3.18.2013

Weekend Update

I know that many probably spent this holiday weekend out celebrating and consuming St. Patrick's themed drinks, but I spent the whole weekend relaxing with friends and family and I couldn't have been happier about it. 

I absolutely love cooking and baking, working on new dishes in the kitchen, especially when I am cooking for people that I love. But as much as I enjoy cooking, I really love when others cook for me, like my little sister did on Friday night. I came home to my parent's house to see the table set and food smelling delicious on the stove. My sister made a fabulous "green" pasta dish with asparagus, snap peas, and spinach and the very best cupcakes. It was so nice to be able to sit down and enjoy a long dinner of great food and chatting. 

 This after-dinner treat was absolutely amazing. My sister is the queen of cupcakes and I can always expect greatness when I see her filling the cupcake tins. Maybe if we all get lucky she will share a cupcake recipe with us soon!

This pasta, topped with avocado, was a perfect pre St. Patrick's day feast.

Even though I had to work on Saturday, I still wanted to do something to celebrate the holiday and the burst of warm weather. Since I was at my parent's house I knew I wanted to take advantage of all their kitchen goodies, so I pulled out the ice cream maker to whip up a batch of my favorite food. I used an easy homemade ice cream recipe from my favorite blogger to make an ice cream that was quite appropriate for St. Patrick's Day. 

I spent the rest of the weekend catching up on some reading and relaxing. Of course I painted my nails green to avoid being pinched on Sunday!

Hoping your weekend was perfect too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio