5.27.2013

Margarita Cake

I cannot go to the mall without going to Williams-Sonoma. Even though 95% of the time I know I won't be buying anything, I can't resist just stopping by to browse and dream about one day owning all those beautiful kitchen gadgets. Another huge part about going to Williams-Sonoma is for those tasty samples they sometimes have at the front of the store. I love the hot, apple cider they have around Christmas time and these cookies began as a WS sample. Last weekend, while shopping for "big girl job" clothes, my mom and I popped in to Williams-Sonoma and they had out little, bite-sized samples of margarita cake. As a lover of margaritas I had to try this cake and after the first sample there were many more sneaky trips back to the front of the store to snatch another and another and another. Finally the sweet and not-so-naive sales woman (who had watched me eat all four samples) handed me a small card with the recipe on it. I was busted but happy as a clam now that I was able to make this cake at home!


Are you ready for the best part about this cake? Other than that it is cake and that it is margarita flavored? It is made from a box cake mix! I never rarely make baked goods from pre-made packages. It takes all the fun out of the baking process, but because I loved this cake so much, and because I trust Williams-Sonoma, I decided to stick with the recipe and use the box mix. This cake could not have been easier to make and it is unbelievably moist (even three days after I originally made it). I have only gotten rave reviews from all of my friends official blog recipe testers and this dessert will make the perfect Memorial Day treat, especially if want something quick and easy that is sure to please all your guests. 

Williams-Sonoma Margarita Cake

For the Cake:
1 store-bought yellow cake mix (will also need eggs and butter, determined by box recipe)
Margarita mix as needed

For the glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
1/4 cup margarita mix

Directions:
To make the cake, preheat an oven according to the cake mix package instructions. Grease and flour a 9-by-13 inch baking pan. 

Prepare the cake batter according to the package instructions, using the margarita mix instead of water. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake according to the package instructions. Transfer the pan to a wire rack after removing from the oven. 

To make the glaze, in a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and margarita mix until well blended. Pour the glaze evenly over the warm cake. Let cool completely before serving.  



Margarita anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio