5.10.2013

My Morning Greens

smoothie photo
Some mornings I have no problem jumping out of bed and getting my day started. Others I can't seem to peel myself out of my bed, whether it be 5:00 AM or 9:00 AM. No matter what time or my level of tiredness, I don't like to start my mornings without a green smoothie or my Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On (unless the other option for breakfast is donuts). My smoothie recipes vary everyday depending on what I have on hand, but never lacking almond milk and spinach. 

As for my other morning green, you might remember that I received this eye-roller in my last Birchbox. There has not been a day since opening that box that I have not used this little life-saver. Not only does it provide important vitamins for my skin and eyes but the cool gel does wonders in the morning. One roll under each eye and not only am I feeling more awake from the cooling effect on my skin but any puffiness or dark bags disappear within seconds making me look like I have been up and at 'em for hours! 

So my advice if you have trouble waking up, or just want a great start to your days-- buy this Eye Revitalizer and use it each morning, it will help you pop up so you can go straight to the kitchen to throw together this smoothie.

Grapefruit and Mango Green Smoothie 
1/2 frozen banana
a large handful of spinach
1/2 mango
1/2 grapefruit
1/4 avocado
1/2 cup almond milk
a squeeze of agave nectar (to taste)
a couple of ice cubes

You can add any of your normal supplements to this, but you will have a great tasting, perfect for summer, smoothie to start your day!

Green goddess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio