6.21.2013

Shrimp and Vegetable Saute Over Spaghetti Squash

I had already planned to make this spaghetti squash dish Tuesday night when I found out that that particular date was "National Splurge Day". Apparently on that day you can eat things that you normally wouldn't eat like bacon wrapped cupcakes and pizza topped with macaroni and cheese. Tuesday night would have been a great night to indulge and yet I was so excited about this healthy, spaghetti squash that I stuck with my meal plan and kicked the national holiday to the curb. I will celebrate twice as hard next year. 

I had bought a spaghetti squash on impulse and wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I had only used spaghetti squash once before, in my Smitten with Friends and Family tacos. I knew that I loved the addition of squash and I was looking forward to trying it out again. I found this recipe on Food Gawker  and immediately loved it since I had all the ingredients at home! So maybe it wasn't your typical splurge, but my dessert was definitely splurge-worthy. My sweet, little sis brought me an afternoon treat to work and I showed incredible restraint by saving half of it for dessert. These snickerdoodle bars are crazy good!



A healthy dessert warrants a dessert splurge.

1 comment:

  1. You make dinner and I make dessert. Now make me that for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio