6.12.2013

Summer Berry & Chicken Salad

 I came home pretty exhausted on Tuesday evening. I guess your first day at your big-girl job will do that to you and after working out I was even more tired. I wanted to come home and crash on the couch and watch the Voice but still eat something satisfying. I knew that my refrigerator was stocked with greens and vegetables, my freezer always has chicken, and I had an avocado in it's last days. With all that I had around the house I made a delicious and colorful salad that I am calling my summer berry and chicken salad. 

Of course, any salad you can alter to your liking, but for mine...

You Will Need
1 small handful of blackberries and raspberries
1 tablespoon diced green onions
1/4 avocado, sliced
1 tablespoon candied or spiced pecans (I had these on hand because my mom made them for me, any dry nut would also work!)
1 frozen chicken breast strip
Any green- I used a mixture of chopped romaine and spinach
Feta Cheese

Dressing-
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
Juice from 1/2 lemon

Start by cooking your chicken breast, unless already prepared. Slice into small strips. Cut onions and avocado. Mix all ingredients with greens.

Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over salad. 

Ask my mom for her pecan recipe, you will be so glad you did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio