7.08.2013

Days of Bliss

I am still alive...I know it has been ages since I have posted...
Source
I hope that everyone had a relaxing, yet fun-filled holiday weekend! I know that I loved having a four day weekend and I packed in as much as I possibly could. I left work immediately on Wednesday to go home and prepare for a lake weekend with my best friends from college. I whipped up a batch of red, white, and blue cookies (cranberries, white chocolate chips, and blueberries...yum!), packed a bag (forgot a pair of flip-flops and ended up spending the two days in tennis shoes or barefoot!), and then jumped in the car to speed towards relaxation, perfect weather, incredible food, and even more incredible friends.  

After two wonderful days on the water, I got back in the car with my roommate to go to the Beyonce concert. Pause for a moment of jealousy if you weren't there. She was incredible, her outfits were insane, and apparently it was all quite emotional since my sweet and Beyonce-obsessed roommate cried on several occasions. It was definitely a night that I will never forget!

I spent the rest of the weekend getting things done, like cleaning and laundry, went to a benefit concert at the last minute where I got to see Garth Brooks and others perform, enjoyed food and drinks by the pool with some of my favorite people, and then more time by the pool and a great Sunday night dinner. 

The weekend was definitely a smashing success and I feel ready to tackle the week and all it holds. My best friend is getting married on Saturday, just a few short days away and I know that I am not mentally or physically prepared for that! It will hopefully be a quick week and a wonderful weekend. How can it not be when you get to celebrate two people and their love for each other!

How about I blog everyday this week?
Challenge accepted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio