10.13.2011

Things I Love

" Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms. "
-Joe Fox, You've Got Mail

I love New York in the fall too, actually thinking about it now, I just realized I have never been to New York in the fall, but doesn't it just sound wonderful? 
I am leaving for this wondrous city tomorrow morning and cannot wait to spend the whole weekend with my sister in my favorite place to visit.
More on NYC to come tomorrow.
via. Cup of Joe

Did I mention that I love rooftops?


I love butternut squash. Still. Maybe more today than I loved it on Tuesday.
Wednesday night I made the most delicious flatbread with butternut squash, three types of cheeses (cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan), onions, thyme, and fresh arugula on top. It was so good, and my grocery store better start keeping a steady supply of butternut squash around for me because I can't get my hands on enough recipes.
via. Real Simple
Original recipe found here too. I just adapted mine a bit.

I love the book I just finished. 
I realized I have never really talked about the books I read. I was reading two very different books, one being a romantic comedy in novel form by a witty-beyond-belief British author and the other, a little, well-known classic called Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. Polar opposites. Maybe, if you are lucky you will get a book review on Grapes of Wrath later on, but today I have to talk about the story I just finished that had me laughing out loud. 

On a random rainy day trip to Barnes and Noble I picked up a book called Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell. 

Love.
Let me give a sneak peak.
"Miranda's track record with men is horrible. Her most recent catastrophe is Greg. Her seems perfect- gorgeous, witty, exciting. And he and Miranda are in love... until Miranda discovers that he is keeping a secret (or ten).
With the help of her friends, Miranda plan the sweetest and most public revenge a heartbroken girl can get. But will Miranda learn from her mistake, or move on to the next "perfect" man and ignore the love of her life waiting in the wings."

Obviously this novel is strictly fiction. Things like this don't happen in real life. 
 I could not put this book down (except the three days that I tragically misplaced it) and I can't wait to move on to other books written by the same author. Read anything by Jill Mansell if you are randomly laying on a beach in October, at a nail salon, or love clever one-liners and a good laugh. Read Grapes of Wrath if it is assigned by a professor, you are sitting by a cobblestone fireplace, or from Oklahoma (seeing as it is all about Okies). 

Until next time.
Okie state of mind today, tomorrow... Empire state of mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio