1.02.2014

2014


Another year has passed and looking back I am astonished at how much can and did happen in just 365 days. This last year has been an absolute whirlwind and by far the most unpredictable year of my life. When I started 2013 I was floating in a sea of confusion about my future. I had just graduated and yet had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I spent most of January-May interviewing for jobs and what an adventure that was! There were interviews in other states (so happy that I stayed in OK), one of which I held a large golden retriever in my lap for the hour-long interview and one in which I sang for the interviewer (I was not offered that job!). There was an interview where I didn't wear shoes, one that I was offered frozen yogurt in the lobby, and finally an interview that landed me my first job. This first job was good to me and the reason I laughed and learned more in 2013 than other year. It was this job that I had to say goodbye to in October in order to start my current job. I am working at a law firm now and loving every minute. I love the people that I work with and I love the many people that I get to interact with as a part of my job title. Along with new jobs and challenges in 2013, I watched two of my best friends get married, continued to have too much fun with my roommates and friends and family, and made some great food (I almost have my granola recipe memorized).  I couldn't be happier with where my life is right now and feel more balanced than I ever have in my life. 

That brings me to a recap and update on my resolutions from the past year. I pledged to only challenge myself to do things that would bring joy and clarity to my life. From my resolutions for 2013, I successfully was more responsible with my money (well I like to think that), more organized, and more punctual. I definitely wear more skirts, I learned to like eating fish, and found a job that brings me joy! Maybe I didn't succeed in all my resolutions, but who does? 

I rung in 2014 this week in full sequins and celebrated with some of my favorite people. I love thinking back on the past year - all the memories that I will never forget but couldn't be more excited about the coming year. 

For 2014 I am resolving to keep my resolutions simple. Like last year, I resolve to continue to only do things that bring joy and clarity. There isn't time for anything else and in the words of my grandmother, "Life's short. Baby, enjoy it!" 

Here's to 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio